I am delighted that you are interested in joining Sheffield City Council to lead our human resources, payroll and organisational development services.
We have many terrific and hardworking people right across the organisation, including in HR. However, we all recognise that changes need to be made to better enable us to provide the best quality services to the people of Sheffield, and you will have a top team behind you to help you implement these improvements.
Some of your first priorities as our new Director of People and Culture will be:
- Developing and delivering the SCC People Strategy – determining how the Council will attract, retain and grow employees to best accomplish the organisation vision and purpose.
- Help create the organisational narrative as part of the Future Sheffield transformation programme and help clarify and nurture our organisational culture.
- Develop our HR and OD teams, renewing our focus on strategic business partnering.
- Champion programmes to underpin diversity and inclusion, helping Sheffield city council truly reflect and engage with its communities.
- Focusing on putting people at the heart of the council with a focus on employee engagement.
We are looking for a visionary, strategic and supportive leader who will bring our People Team together and enable the changes we want to make.
In return, you’ll receive rewarding work, plenty of support in a collegiate atmosphere, and the training and mentoring that helps you reach your goals and potential.
I hope to receive your application; this is a stretching and fantastic job.
With best wishes,
Chief Operating Officer